More Boycott Votes Strengthen Movement to Repudiate CRR

By Elizabeth H. Wiltshire

Three more House committees this week voted to continue boycotting the Committee on Rights and Responsibilities (CRR), formed in 1970 to discipline participants in student demonstrations the preceding April.

South House Committee Monday voted to continue to boycott, and will send University officials a letter similar to the one they sent last year, calling for the CRR's abolition.

No one objected last week to accepting nominations for the CRR, but after more discussion the committee reconsidered, Marc J. Sobil 80, House Committee chairman said yesterday.

Mather House Committee voted Wednesday and Adams House Committee voted yesterday to continue the CRR boycott.

Currier House Committee yesterday indefinitely tabled a motion to boycott when no one in the House showed interest in representing Currier on the committee.

"Just to make an official statement to boycott would be pointless because we weren't sending anyone anyway," Yvonne S. Turner '81, House Committee chairman, said yesterday.

Although the Freshman Council voted last week to break the boycott, the group Wednesday decided to reconsider. Mark S. Scapicchao '83, Freshman Council president, said yesterday the council will ask the administration and the Student Assembly to present their viewpoints before the council votes on the boycott at next week's meeting.

North and Quincy Houses have yet to vote on the issue. Lowell House Committee is now the only House that plans to send representatives to the CRR.