John B. Anderson To Address IOP After Election Day

By John D. Solomun

John B. Anderson the 1980 independence presidential spirant, said yesterday in a telephone interview that he will speak at Harvard November 9 to do some "Monday mowing quarterbacking" one week after Election Day.

Anderson, who finished a distant third in the presidential election two years ago, said he would analyse the elections in a public address at the Institute of Politics (IOP) forum.

He predicted that the Democrats would pick up seats in Congress because "there is obvious economic distress in the country." The election will serve as a referendum on President Reagan, he said.

"If I am wrong then I will admit it at the IOP," quipped the former congressman, who has primarily devoted the last two years to speaking and writing.

Anderson admitted that his Harvard appearance would probably also include the usual questions regarding a possible second run at the White House. Although he said he remains undecided. Anderson called another candidacy "a fascinating possibility."

The November speech will be the Law School graduate's third public appearance of Harvard in recent years. In addition to a February 1980 stop when he was still running for President as a Republican, he also took part in an IOP colloquium after the general election.