Joslin named to Lacrosse All-Ivy First Team

By Alvar J. Mattei

Harvard sophomore Char Joslin last week became the first-ever Harvard woman to snag first-team All-Ivy status in three different sports.

Already a member of the women's ice hockey and field hockey All-Ivy first-teams, Joslin made it a clean sweep when she was named to the lacrosse honor roll.

Joslin guided the laxwomen to the NCAA semifinals this spring where they fell to eventual champion Temple. On the season, Joslin netted 29 goals and dished out nine assists in the regular season.

In the fall, Joslin played midfield and earned first-team All-Ivy honors for the 6-7-2 field hockey team. In the winter, Joslin played defense for the women's ice hockey team, tallying 11 goals and four assists for 15 points in Ivy contests. The Kirkland House resident was Harvard's top scorer in Ivy competition, and she was also first-team All-Ivy on defense.

With Joslin's first-team All-Ivy selection in women's lacrosse, the Dedham native is the only Harvard athlete this year to earn first-team All-Ivy in three sports. She is also the first Ivy League woman to garner kudos in three unrelated sports.