Better Yearbook Photos

TO THE EDITORS OF THE CRIMSON:

By Susannah L. Green

We are being held captive in the bowels of Quincy House. And what is our crime? Being six people expecting to be photographed in a ten- minute period. Perhaps it is our fault. We do want to have our pictures in the yearbook. We do want to enable our children to laugh at our haircuts and geeky glasses.

But there must be a better system. It is simply impossible for one photographer to photograph six people within one ten-minute slot. Thus, may we suggest a few alternatives: to start, one person per ten-minute slot; next, sending activity forms to seniors in advance with a reminder of scheduled time and payment procedures would also expedite this process.

The fact that this frustrating, time consuming practice persists is indicative of its "one-shot" nature. Seniors who never have to go through this process again (hallelujah!) choose to forget rather than demand change.

However, we hope that our suggestions may spare future Harvard students from an unnecessarily negative experience even if these changes will arrive too late for us.