Seniors Share Their Most Embarrassing Moments and Fondest Memories

EXPERIENCES

David S. Friedman

Most embarrassing moment: Freshman year our room was vandalized, and the person who took our stuff put it in a Coop bag. The headline in The Crimson the next day was "Coop Bag Stolen."

Fondest memory: Seeing Harvard hockey before they collapsed.

Paul Du Fays

Most embarrassing moment: I grabbed some guy in the Crimson Sports Grille one day, who I thought was my roommate--but it wasn't.

Fondest Memory: Beating MIT at the Division II ski championships my freshman year.

Massimo Chiocca

Most embarrassing moment: I guess it was when I missed everyone on the night of my birthday.

Fondest memory: My fondest moment was getting the ... prize in Eliot for the person who will be the most missed. I got the prize even though I didn't have an official title. That showed that the masters and tutors appreciated my work for the house.

Mary N. Nazzaro

Most embarrassing moment AND fondest memory: I was standing in the hall in heels and a cocktail dress talking with a friend ... who is a member of a karate club. I said, "If you were going to attack me, how would you go about it?" He came towards me and I accidentally popped him in the nose. Afterwards, he said, "I'd much rather you accidentally hit me than not know how to use this stuff if you need to."

Kristin M. O'Neil

Fondest memory: My fondest memory was scoring my only two points for varsity basketball against Yale sophomore year with my father present at the game.

Jonathan R. Funke

Funniest moment: It was getting my thesis readings.

Fondest memory: The best moment was waking up in the Adams House courtyard one Sunday morning. I didn't feel like climbing up the four flights of stairs.

Robert M. Zirovich

Most embarrassing moment: Freshman year, on the very first night, my roommate locked himself out of our room in Canaday and slept in the bathroom using a shower curtain as a blanket. He was running around in his underwear outside trying to get us to open the door but I had earplugs in and my other roommate thought he was dreaming.

Fondest memory: My fondest memories have just been talking to various close friends late into the night. Nothing too spectacular.

Daniel E. Kosowsky

Most embarrassing moment: The most embarrassing was probably peeing in my room my freshman year and my roommate yelling at me. It was pretty bad.

Fondest memory: Fun was staying up all night playing cards, all the time.

Steven N. Kalkanis

Most embarrassing moment: My roommates love to play practical jokes and pranks. Junior year, I remember one time when I had half an hour until my meeting with a professor, and I still had to prepare for it. But when I went into the closet to get something, my roommates locked me in; when I told them I had to prepare for my meeting, they just gave me a flashlight and kept me in there. As it turned out, I was late to my meeting--I had a fun time explaining to my professor why I was late.

Fondest memory: Right before winter break sophomore year, my roommates had a smores party in our room. It started out as a small gathering for the entryway, but as all our parties seemed to end up, there were between 100 and 200 people going in and out of our room. For me, that's what Harvard is all about--meeting people from different places and having fun. That night epitomized Harvard.

Lynn D. Lu and Lorna K. Brittain

Fondest memory:

LU: When the Wall Street Journal guy came to Adams House...

BRITTAIN: And we all sat in the dining hall and read Baudelaire.

LU: Somebody got up and made this announcement that the shuttle bus was a capitalist tool.

Eric C. Lai

Fondest memory: [The good moments were] so few and far between. It takes a long time to sift through the chaff.

Paul Maloney

Most embarrassing moment: Passing out in front of the residential scholar's bedroom at a reception in the afternoon. We had drunk a lot, and they were not impressed.

Fondest memory: Senior dinner. It was a blast.

Lisa J. Vance

Most embarrassing moment: When I came to the dining hall drunk after the reception where I turned in my thesis and was heard yelling and screaming in total ecstasy.

Fondest memory: Building a fire in the fireplace with my roommates and drinking hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps.