Reserve Yale Game Tickets by Friday

Students seeking tickets for The Game now have an extra week to buy them, thanks to a shortage of ticket envelopes.

"It was simply a failure of delivery," said Director of Sports Information John P. Veneziano. "We expected [the ticket envelopes] at a certain date, and they weren't there."

"We didn't want to shut out any students, so we extended the deadline," he said.

The Harvard Athletic Ticket Office gave a one week extension, so students have until Friday at 5 p.m. to reserve seats. However, many students said they were unaware of the first deadline and equally ignorant of the extension.

"I didn't even know the tickets were due last week," said Alice H. S. Farmer '00, who plans to attend The Game.

According to Veneziano, former manager Edward J. Carey Jr. retired last year and the athletic department is currently interviewing prospective replacements.

Ticket envelopes will be available in the houses and at the ticket office later this week.

To register for seats, students need an envelope, a ticket stub and a check for $12.