Miami Signs Former Crimson WR Morris

By Lisa Kennelly, Crimson Staff Writer

The football season may be over for current Harvard players, but for former Crimson wide receiver Carl Morris ’03, it’s just getting started.

Morris, Harvard’s all-time receiving leader and holder of nine Crimson receiving records, was signed to the Miami Dolphins’ practice squad Wednesday.

Morris entered the 2003 NFL draft but was not signed. A free agent, he spent part of last summer at the Indianapolis Colts’ preseason camp before he was waived at the beginning of August. He was then claimed by the Philadelphia Eagles but was released at the end of the month.

Meanwhile, the future looks less bright for another former Harvard star. Offensive lineman Jamil Soriano ’03 was cut from the New England Patriots’ practice squad Wednesday.

Soriano was not drafted, and was signed by the Green Bay Packers as a free agent in May of 2003. After being released by the Packers during the summer, he was signed by the Chicago Bears who then traded him to New England in August. The Patriots released Soriano at the end of the month but promptly resigned him to their practice squad.

Football