Police: Stabbing Reported in JFK Park

By Antonio Coppola, Crimson Staff Writer

State police have reported that an unidentified aggressor stabbed a person Saturday night in John F. Kennedy Park, according to an emergency alert sent to the Harvard community by the Harvard University Police Department at around 8:30 p.m.

The alert reported that the victim appears to have known his or her assailant but is not providing information to law enforcement officers. The case is now under investigation by state police, Cambridge Police Department spokesperson Daniel M. Riviello wrote in an email to The Crimson.

The reported crime occurred in the midst of the Harvard football game against Brown taking place across the river at Harvard Stadium.

One state police officer was stationed at the crime scene at approximately 9 p.m. Saturday evening. Several Securitas security guards were also patrolling the area by the banks of the Charles River that fringes JFK Park and the river Houses.

The reported crime comes approximately three weeks after a similar stabbing in the same vicinity. On Sept. 8, a man was reportedly stabbed multiple times near the intersection of Memorial Drive and JFK Street, just outside of John F. Kennedy Park.

HUPD did not send out an emergency advisory following the Sept. 8 stabbing case.

—Staff writer Antonio Coppola can be reached at antonio.coppola@thecrimson.com. Follow him on Twitter @AntonioCoppolaC.

CrimeHUPDMetro