Scoped! 45 Mount Auburn Street

•
DSC_0115.JPG
DSC_0115.JPG

Rumors are swirling about the Undergraduate Council’s proposed plan to purchase 45 Mount Auburn Street from its current owners. The plan calls for raising funds over the next several years, including $600,000 for the down payment by next fall, and has caused quite some controversy within the UC. In an email over the UC List, Josh J. Nuni '10 declared that the UC has "come to a point where we have to make a decision—and the decision we make will reveal our values and define our identity." Another UC member, Amanda Lu '11 responded to Nuni saying, "I would like to be able to disagree with what I find to be beneficial to my constituents without being called a tyrant." Before the claws come out any further, FlyBy decided to take a closer look at what the property in contention has to offer.  Take a gander after the jump.

House: Corner of Mt. Auburn and DeWolfe streets along the Gold Coast.

Hometown: Cambridge, MA

Ideal Date: I’m a grunge girl at heart, and I love to host to regular alternative music concerts. I was even closed down in the early 1990s after a plethora of booze soaked parties earned me the reputation as a “dirty place”.

Your best pick-up line: I have an easier door policy than the Fly.

Best or worst lie you’ve ever told: I’m totally worth the $2.75 million you’re about to pay for me.

Something you’ve always wanted to tell someone: Even though I don’t look a day over 30, I’m actually 209.

Favorite childhood activity: Hosting “speaking” events for the Pi Eta Speakers Club.

Sexiest physical trait: My 7,600 square feet of social space.

Best part about Harvard: The UC wants to buy me!

Worst part about Harvard: They have no money to buy me with…

Describe yourself in 3 words: House For Sale

In 15 Minutes you are: Sucking in exhaust from the Lamont-Mather shuttle.

In 15 Years you are: La Vie Club’s new digs.

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.