Harvard Today: February 2, 2015

•

Happy day-after-Super-Bowl-Sunday day! Hopefully your inside-out pajamas and ice flushed down the toilet convinced your professors to cancel class. Otherwise, best of luck to all the hungover Pats fans drinking to our accomplishments, and the brutal Butler-intercepted-when-we-had-two-minutes-and-were-yards-away-from-winning PTSD to all you Seahawks fans. Regardless of your allegiance, today is the best day ever because even if you are trudging through the snow to get to Math 21000, you will finally find out when the Patriots parade will be.

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

Today we’re looking at a high of 34 degrees and a low of 4 degrees, not to mention a 100% chance of snow, with 8-12 inches of snow and ice accumulating. Snowmobiles or skis are highly suggested.

IN THE D-HALLS

Lunch:

Chicken Parmesan Sub

Lemon Chive Crusted Flounder

Sweet & Sour Vegetable with Seitan

Dinner:

Salisbury Steak

Shrimp Mikrolimano

Vegetarian Shepherd Pie with Cashew Cream Sauce

ON FLYBY

1. Super Bowl Pro Tips for the Bandwagoners, Internationals, and Seahawks Fans

IN THE NEWS

1. Another Storm Looming, Harvard Will Stay Open Monday : “Administrators plan to monitor weather reports overnight in anticipation of a winter storm that may cover Boston with as much as a foot of snow.”
  2. UC Lays Out Timeline for Gender Campaign Initiative : “At the first Undergraduate Council meeting of the year on Sunday, representatives discussed several new initiatives, including a Harvard gender solidarity campaign.”
  3. After Blizzard, 80 Percent of Undergrads Submit Study Cards : “Following an interruption of course shopping by a blizzard last week, about 80 percent of undergraduates turned in their course study cards by Friday’s deadline, according to Faculty of Arts and Sciences Registrar Michael P. Burke.”

IN SPORTS

1. Beanpot Postponed; Malone, Kerfoot Skating Non-Contact : “For the third time in as many meets this season, the Harvard skiing team has found success on the slopes.”
  2. Skiing Adds Another Top 10 Finish to Season : “Announced Sunday, the 63rd Annual Beanpot will be pushed back a day, now beginning Tuesday instead of Monday.”

EVENTS

The Harvard College Consulting Group will be holding an info session today at 5:00 PM in Sever 113.

Harvard Ventures is hosting an info session tonight at 8:00 PM in Harvard Hall 103. Light refreshments will be provided.

Rodrigo Tavares, senior research fellow at the Kennedy School, will host a seminar titled “Cities and States: The New Global Players” today at 10:00 AM in Taubman 301.

The Harvard Medical School will host Mark Schuster’s presentation “The Doctor is Out: Being a Gay Physician at Harvard” in the Cannon Room today at 12:30 PM.

Conductor J.E. Gardiner and pianist Vijay Iyer will give a presentation today at 3:00 PM at the John Knowles Paine Concert Hall

Richard A. and Susan F. Smith Campus Center will host its open house event at 4:00 PM on the second floor of the Smith Center.

Today at 4:00 PM Iqbal Shah, Principal Research Scientist at the School of Public Health will give a presentation titled “Pop Center Seminar: Postpartum Protection from Pregnancy: Evidence from Developing Countries” at the Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies.

A series of speakers will give a presentation in CGIS South S-050 on the Ukraine-Russia crisis at 4:15 PM.

Charles Randolph-Wright, director of “Motown the Musical,” and cast members will discuss the history and cultural impact of Motown tonight at 6:00 PM in Farkas Hall.

Harvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.