ILLUSTRATED COLLEGE ANNUALS.

We are indebted to the editors for a copy of the Bric-a-Brac, an annual publication of the junior class of Princeton. From cover to cover it is full of clever sketches and useful information on all departments of the college. The cover alone is very artistically treated and shows much of that talent which we have been wont to expect in each number of the Tiger. The first pages are devoted to a general catalogue of faculty and students, followed by lists of membership of the various literary organizations; then athletic records, clubs, commencement exercises and general Princeton news of note. Our account would give the impression of a dry bundle of names and figures, but the editors have been signally successful in enlivening such solid matter with humorous cuts in a lighter vein. Throughout these drawings are capital hits, well conceived and well executed, but none are so pathetic by half as the canal boat collision, which we are led to believe is no rare occurrence in "New Jersee." The series of the eating clubs are, perhaps, the best on the whole, and touch home to the heart, or elsewhere, of every college man who thinks twice of his dinner. The frontispiece of the new Marquand chapel presents to us a picture not inferior to our former ideas of its beauty, and reminds us of the comparative poverty of our own temple. We would congratulate the editors on their great success in combining amusement and information in this volume, and assure them complete appreciation if others are as pleased as ourselves. For sale at Sever's.

The Banner, Yale's illustrated annual, has recently appeared. The Banner is a publication similar in plan to the Harvard Index, only considerably more comprehensive and pretentious. Illustrations and illustrative headings appear throughout the volume of more or less merit. A catalogue of the students is given, followed by an extensive and useful directory of the college buildings, where the names are arranged by rooms instead of alphabetically. There follow the usual society and athletic statistics, as in the Index, including valuable statistics on the last college base-ball season, compiled by J. C. Morse, a graduate of Harvard and base-ball reporter for the Boston Herald. All the records printed are full and concise. The volume is well edited, and is a credit to the college.