The Continued Success of the Annex.

The annual report of the Annex shows that its affairs are in a very favorable condition, which causes the many friends of woman's education to rejoice. The students have increased in number since the first. year by year, and there are now nearly fifty studying under its auspices, who come from all parts of the country. As is now well known, the scholarly standing of the young ladies is very high, as high as that in the college, and two of the Annex maidens have attained highest honors in mathematics. The financial exhibit is equally gratifying. The money contributed for the founding of the institution, which it was estimated would only provide for four years, is now thought to be sufficient to carry on the work two years longer, and there is good ground for belief that the institution will soon become self-supporting. The secretary's report also officially announces that the Harvard examinations for women in Cambridge have been changed from the Woman's Education Society in Boston to the Annex, the examinations in other cities being carried on as heretofore. Greek is the favorite study of the young ladies; and mathematics, the other languages, botany and philosophy were also well attended during the past year. The exercise of the students is obtained, not only in the usual outdoor methods pursued by ladies, but also in Dr. Sargent's private gymnasium, which has been open to them. The needs of the Annex are necessarily many, but among the most noticeable is that of larger class rooms and plenty of money, The society having the Annex in charge makes special endeavors to afford its highest instruction even to small classes, giving it, in special cases, to a single pupil, because it wishes to invite this class of students to Cambridge, and because the very being of the movement is based on the desire of its founders to afford a grade of instruction not readily obtained elsewhere.