Harvard Defeats Technology.

About 500 people took advantage of the splendid weather and saw a good although rather one-sided game of foot-ball. The game was called at 3.30. Harvard had the ball at the upper end of the field with wind against them. Rushes by Harding, Wood and Sears brought the ball up the field when it was kicked over. Soon Harvard got the ball and Harding squirmed through and made the first touchdown. No goal. Score 4-0. In three minutes the second touchdown was made by Porter. Goal. Score 10-0. The ball was kicked out and Tech brought the ball, on an excusable muff of Harvard's half-back, near our goal. A good rush by Wood was followed by a magnificent rush by Harding who scored the third touchdown. Goal made the score 16-0. Bad work by Tech allowed Bancroft to make the fourth touchdown followed by a goal making the score 22-0. Continued bad work allowed Harding to make the fifth touchdown from which Saxe kicked a very difficult goal. Score 28-0. Soon a good rush by Wood procured our sixth touchdown. Goal. Score 34-0. Good rush-line work obtained a safety for Harvard just before time was called. Score for first half was 36-0.

In the second half Schroll took Woodman's place. Soon Tech was forced to make a safety which was followed by a touchdown made by Harding. No Goal. Score 42-0. A good rush by Sears preceded a touchdown by Harding. A goal was kicked making score 48-0. Good rushes by Saxe, Wood and Bradlee obtained the ninth touchdown. The ball was punted out and another touchdown resulted. The try at goal failed, making score 56-0. Roberts made a good rush but the lost ground was quickly recovered through rushes by Wood and Harding. Sears made the last touchdown from which a goal was kicked. Score 62-0. A good rush by Wood carried the ball close to Tech's goal when time was called.

The Harvard eleven showed a marked improvement especially in protecting a runner and in blocking off opponents with their arms. Wood and Harding did the best rushing while Saxe kicked very well.

Tech played rather a weak game, the only noticeable feature of their work being the rattling tactics of an end rush.

The teams were made up as follows:

Technology.- Herrick, Dame, Hamilton, Roberts, Mitchell, Varce, Ellis, Due, Germer, and Devens.

Harvard.- Cumnock, Bradlee, Wood, Morse, Woodman, Butler, Bancroft, Harding, Saxe, Porter and Sears.