College Conference Meetings.

During the coming winter, meetings will be held for the purpose of uniting in common effort all who earnestly desire to advance the highest interests of the University. At these meetings, which are intended to follow out the line of thought suggested by Professor Drummond, the subjects of discussion will be practical moral and religious problems of college life.

These meetings will be addressed by persons prominent within or without the University, but they are intended to be informal, and students will be expected to ask questions and offer suggestions about the matter in hand. For this reason it has been decided to call them College Conference Meetings.

The first meeting, which will be held in Holden Chapel on Tuesday. Nov. 15th, at 6.45 p. m., will be addressed by Rev. Phillips Brooks. Other meetings will be held-probably in Sever 11-at intervals of about three weeks. At some of them addresses will probably be given by Professor Palmer, Professor Peabody and others of the professors who have declared interest in the plan. Methods of work by college students among the poor will also be discussed. To make these meetings successful it is necessary that they have the cordial support of all who are in sympathy with the purposes for which they are held.