Harvard Men in Harriers' Athletic Meeting.

Below is the record of the Harvard athletes who took prizes in the games of the Salford Harriers at the Congress Street grounds Saturday. A arge number entered who did not start. The large number of entries from the Harriers and the Manhattan, Boston, Fall River and Trimount clubs made it hard to win a place, and the slippery condition of the grounds made the records poor.

Thayer and G. F. Brown were in the final heat of the 100 yards dash and Brown obtained second place. In the quarter mile run for novices, Hollis led until he and Wells fell; Gratwick then took the lead and Wells again reached second place and again fell; Hollis finished second and Gratwick third. Allen was third in the 220 yards hurdles. Stead (10 yards), and F. E. Stetson (30 yards) were second and third respectively in the quarter mile handicap. Allen was third and last in the two mile steeple chase.

In the 220 yard run, F. A. Baker (14 yards) obtained second place, and in the mile walk, J. H. Bell (40 s.) was given third place. Batchelder came in second in the half mile run with 20 yards handicap.