Princeton's Athletes.

Captain King of the Princeton baseball +++ has already begun preparations for the coming athletic season. He has issued a notice requesting all candidates to hand in their names and positions. He has good material to start with. The entire nine of last year, except the battery, is in college. Of course the severest loss is felt in the battery. However, Drake and Humphreys, who were the substitute battery last year, are both in college this year. Their record last season was almost as good as that of Young and Brown. It is believed that with another season's practice they will develop into a strong battery.

The other members of last year's nine who are in college are as follows: Guild '93, first base; King '93. second base; Woodcock '93 third base; Ramsdell '94, short stop; Mackenzie '94 left field; Wright '94. centre field, and Trenchard '95, right field. Among the substitutes who have returned are Brooks '95, short stop, and Payne '95, fielder.

The fall series of inter-class games for the championship of the college brought out some promising players, especially among the freshmen. Every student feels encouraged at the outlook, and is satisfied that Capt. King will do his part in developing a representative nine. The candidates will practise in the gymnasium at present, and will not go into the cage until after the holidays.

The track athletic men are holding long-distance runs every Wednesday, and others are training in the gymnasium and cage.