Exeter-Andover Controversy.

Since the Exeter-andover football game of November 11, more or less has been published in the daily newspapers, coming, undoubtedly, from Andover, questioning the eligibility of several members of the Exeter eleven as players and accusing them of being professionals. Donovan, an Exeter halfback, has been the man most open to attack. Although it is true he is a professional runner the fact should not be overlooked that Glynn, Andover's quarterback, had been a professional pugilist.

However, this is a very poor spirit for two schools such as these to show, though it should be said in defense of Exeter that the faculty and students were ignorant of Donovan's record. Whereas the case was probably different with Glynn.

After the game in which Exeter won, Andover has been complaining more and more about professionalism until a few days ago the school passed the following resolutions:

Whereas, For the past three years the Exeter School has presented on her teams men who were not in any fair sense amateurs; and

Whereas, This evil has increased each year; and

Whereas, The makeup of their football team this year was an insult to lovers of pure sports and some of their players a disgrace to the name of amateur;

Resolved, That we, the students of Phillips Academy, Andover, indefinitely postpone all further contests with the Exeter School.

This undoubtedly seems to be rather far fetched, considering Andover is also guilty and that each school indorsed its rival's eleven some days before the game.