U. of P. at Springfield.

The University of Pennsylvania team is practicing daily at Hampden Park, Springfield, preparatory to the Thanks giving day game on Jarvis Field. The greater part of the time is given to aggressive play with some sharp interference and defensive work. In the latter, however, Capt. Mackey is particularly careful not to injure his men. The team has been playing against the second eleven and coached by George W. Woodruff.

The men rise daily at seven o'clock and are given a tonic by the trainer. Then a brisk walk is taken, followed by breakfast. A rehearsal of the signals comes at 11, and this is followed by kicking, catching and punting. At 2.30 the team goes over to Hampden Park of two hours of hard practice.

The interference to which much attention has been paid is well developed and very satisfactory to the coaches. Pennsylvania proposes to play a very fast game on Thursday. It is expected that 600 people will leave Philadelphia for Boston Wednesday night.

The team will probably line up against Harvard as follows: Newton and Simmons ends, Beese and Mackey tackles, woodruff and Oliver guards, Thornton center, Williams quarterback, Knipe and Osgood halfbacks, Brooke fullback.