Championship Round in Doubles.

Saturday afternoon the deciding match in doubles for the college championship was played off before a large audience. Holt and Ward, winners of the fall tournament, beat Ware and Scudder, last year's champions, 6-3, 7-5, 3-6, 1-6, 6-4. Holt and Ward won the first two sets by better net playing, the '99 pair being decidedly out of form. In the next two, however, matters were reversed. Holt and Ward could do nothing against their opponents' sharp volleys, and secured only four games.

The last set was hard-fought throughout, though the games kept going to Ware and Scudder till the score stood 4-1 in their favor. At this point Holt and Ward rallied finely, and, winning point after point by swift drives and well-placed smashes, ran out five straight games, giving them the set, match and championship. The summary:

Doubles-Championship Round.

Holt and Ward beat Ware and Scudder, 6-3, 7-5, 3-6, 1-6, 6-4.

The matches to decide second place in singles will be played today as follows: Foster vs. Cahn, at 3.30; Pierce vs. Field, at 3.30.