SPRING FOOTBALL SQUAD.

Fifteen Candidates for the Eleven Begin Spring Practice.

Yesterday afternoon in answer to the call of Captain Wrightington fifteen men came out on Soldiers Field for practice on the spring squad. Of these none have ever played on any class team and several have had no experience at all. R. Livermore who played halfback on Hopkinson School team last fall and K. S. Barnes of the Cambridge Latin, both of whom expect to enter as freshmen next year, were among the candidates. The ground was in very poor condition so that it was hard for the men to get any sharp practice. Captain Wrightington, however, tried the backs at passing and kicking, while the line men were taught how to break through and fall on the ball.

Besides Wrightington, A. M. Beale, F. Shaw and L. W. Wheeler were on the field coaching. The following is a list of the candidates and the positions for which they are trying:

J. K. Simpson 1 L., quarterback; R. L. Davis '98, quarterback; P. Burrage '99, tackle or end; G. W. Smith '99, tackle or end; H. W. Stowell '99, tackle; M. Esterbrook '99, tackle; R. Livermore, Hopkinson, halfback; G. G. Parry 2 L., halfback; S. Coffin '97, halfback; H. W. Finny '99, halfback; R. B. Stone '98, guard or tackle; K. S. Barnes, Cambridge Latin, guard or tackle; R. M. Whiting '97, guard or centre; E. L. Bryant 1 L., end; C. D. Huntington '99, halfback or end.