'VARSITY CREW COACH.

Rumors that Mr. Watson would Resign Untrue.

There have been lately many rumors in regard to rowing matters which need correction. The facts are as follows:

Befere going to England at the invitation of Mr. Lehman, the Oxford coach, to be present at the Oxford-Cambridge regatta, Mr. Watson informed the Athletic Committee that he had asked Mr. Mumford to coach the crew during his absence and the committee approved this choice. On his return, finding that satisfactory progress had been made, and that Mr. Mumford was giving thorough satisfaction, Mr Watson wrote a note to Captain Bullard stating that he thought it desirable that no change be made and that Mr. Mumford continue to coach the crew.

There is no disagreement whatever between Mr. Watson and Mr. Mumford; on the contrary, they are acting in entire accord. Professor Beale, chairman of the Athletic Committee, stated emphatically yesterday that Mr. Watson has not resigned the charge of our rowing interests. It is the design of the committee that a continuous policy in rowing should prevail here; with that intention Mr. Watson was invited to take charge and the committee heartily supports him.

Mr. Faulkner has no official connection with the crew, either as coach or instructor. His relation to the crew does not differ from that of any other friend of good rowing.