Weld Boat House Changes.

The extensive changes to the Weld Boat House which have been in process during the last six weeks are now nearly completed. The bulkhead along the river front has been extended to the east, and the ell which was at the back of the house removed to the east side of the main building and placed in line with it. A piazza of the same width as that of the main building but with no roof has been built in front of the ell and another float 47 feet long by 20 wide, placed. Thus the eights will have a float of their own and the difficulty of carrying the shells through the crowded main building which has been experienced heretofore, overcome.

A piazza ten feet wide has been built between the ell and the main building extending round behind it and for a short distance along the western side in order to form a porch in front of the side door. Two doors will open on this piazza from the back of the main building. Between the buildings the piazza is left open but at the side and in the rear is roofed over.

These alterations became necessary to make way for the new park road which is in process of construction along the river bank and are being carried out by the city of Cambridge, George A. Moor of Boston, being the architect. The carpenters have practically finished and a good deal of the filling in and grading work has been done, thought this will not be finished until spring. On the whole the general appearance of the house as well as its convenience has been much improved by the alterations.