Freshmen and Andover Tie.

The game between the Freshmen and Andover yesterday resulted in a tie, 0 to 0, for although the Freshmen slightly outplayed their opponents, they were unable to score. The Freshman eleven has improved considerably since the Exeter game last Saturday. The interference was more effective and the linemen charged their opponents more aggressively. There was surprisingly little fumbling in spite of the slippery ball.

In the first half, Andover played at her best. The ball was rushed to Harvard's seven-yard line, but there the Freshmen braced and obtained the ball on downs. After that, until the end of the half, neither goal was in danger. When the second half began, the Freshmen showed a decided improvement. They carried the ball the length of the field on straight rushes, but, just as they were within striking distance of Andover's goal, off side play by Nickerson lost the ball. During the rest of the half the ball changed hands continually.

The Freshmen line-up follows: Campbell, l.e.; Nickerson, l.t.; Cudahy, l.g.; Sugden, c.; Riggs, r.g.; McGrew, Fox, r.t.; Clark, r.e.; Baldwin, q.b.; Hersey, l.h.; Derby, r.h.; Stillman, f.b.