Catholic Club.

The Catholic Club will hold its first public meeting of the year at 8 o'clock tonight in Phillips Brooks House. At this meeting, which will be open to all Catholic members of the University, Thomas J. Gargan, Esq., will deliver an address. The lecture will be followed by an informal reception, at which refreshments will be served.

As in the past, the work of the Catholic Club this year will be three-fold in its nature, consisting of free public lectures by Catholics of note and ability, of doctrinal conferences, to be given fortnightly for members of the club, and of voluntary charity work to be engaged in by club members. Provisional arrangement has been made for lectures by the following well-known scholars of the Catholic Church: Rev. James Talbot Smith of New York, November 15; Rev. William T. McGuirl of Brooklyn, N. Y., January 10, 1900; Rev. Francis Ryan of Toronto, Canada, February 21, 1900; Rev. William Henry of St. Charles' Seminary, Overbrook, Pa., April 4, 1900. The governing board is negotiating with other prominent speakers, and hopes to be able to announce other lectures as soon as dates can be definitely arranged.