Walter Camp's Opinion of the Yale Team

In the last number of the Yale Alumni Weekly, Mr. Walter Camp expresses his opinion of the Yale eleven as follows:

"From a wealth of raw material a fairly active and very willing team has been developed by the energy and persistence of Mr. Rodgers and Captain McBride. The early progress was slow and tedious. Then followed a period of decided encouragement culminating in the victory over Wisconsin. Whether this success had a deteriorating effect or not, the team did not advance during the next week and upon meeting Columbia suffered a defeat that seemed for the moment paralyzing to its progress. Then the University itself came to the front and showed the team that there was confidence in their ability in spite of the disaster. Under this inspiration and aided by the return of a number of devoted coaches the team has taken on new life. The weakness of the individuals are known and are not regarded as unconquerable. Their play is not yet up to that of Harvard nor up to the standard of a veteran team, and so there is still much to do. The make -- up of the eleven will be such that to beat it will mean a triumph and the work of whipping it a difficult undertaking.