Cercle Francais

"Le Pedant Joue," which is going to be performed by the Cercle Francais this year, will not be produced as originally written by Cyrano de Bergerac, but in a modified form. H. B. Stanton '00, president of the Cercle, revised the play, and has reduced it in length from five to three acts. The play has probably never been put on the stage before, although large passages have been borrowed from it by Moliere. The fact that it was written by Cyrano de Bergerac, whose name Rostand has made so famous, also adds to its interest.

M. Bernard has been appointed coach for this year and, judging from the improvement which the men are making under his instruction, the play promises to be one of the most successful which the Cercle has yet undertaken. The scenery, which was taken from an old etching at the College of Beauve, was designed especially for the play, and the costumes were made for the occasion. The poster was open to competition this year, and the one by R. H. Greeley '01 was accepted.

The first dress rehearsal, which is also Graduates' Night, will be held in Brattle Hall on December 12. The public performances will be held in Brattle Hall on December 14 and 16, and in Copley Hall, Boston on December 18 and 19.