Camera Club Exhibit

The Camera Club exhibit this year consists of a series of photographic studies by Mr. H. P. Robinson, of England, illustrating the progress of the artistic side of photography. The photographs are notable for the excellent choice and arrangement of subjects and for the skill with which they are executed. Of the eighteen prints, the best two are interior pictures entitled "Dawn and sunset" and "When the Day's Work is Done." The latter is the more effective of these two pictures of peasant life on account of the simplicity of the subject and the valuations of the lights and shadows. The "Storm Clearing Off" is a good example of what can be done toward bringing out the effect of a mingling of clouds, rain and bog. In this picture the author has brought in a group of sheep which brings out the contrast of Nature with Life. Other pictures of mention are "Primrose Time," "A Nor' Easter," and "A Chat with the Miller."

The exhibition will continue until tomorrow evening, in the east ground floor room of the phillips Brooks House.