New Acquisitions in the Fogg Museum.

The Fine Arts Department has lately acquired and deposited in the Fogg Museum two drawings by Samuel Prout, and two drawings by John Ruskin. These drawings are of Architectural subjects in France and in Flanders, and are all admirable examples of picturesque architectural delineation. There is also an early water color drawing by Turner, a view of a gentleman's country-seat with wooded grounds, which is an unusually fine example of Turner's early manner. These drawings are now hung on the south wall of the large gallery together with others by various masters of the early English water color school which had been previously acquired. In addition to these, ten drawings by Ruskin are temporarily hung on the same wall. The drawings date from different epochs in Ruskin's life, and illustrate a wide range of his artistic powers. Nine of them are for sale, and they would form a very valuable addition to our University collection if they could be secured for it. These nine could probably be purchased for about $1500. Any friend of the University who might by disposed to make a gift of them, would confer a substantial benefit on our Museum.