Final Yale Debate Trials.

The final trials for the Yale debate will be held in Fogg Lecture Room at 7.30 tonight. The six men retained from the second trials have been divided into two teams and will support opposite sides of the question, Resolved, "That the permanent retention of the Philippine Islands by the United States is desirable." W. Catchings '01, P. E. Fitzpatrick '02 and M. Seasongood 1L have the affirmative; R. c. Bruce '02, H. P. Chandler '01 and c. P. McCarthy '02 have the negative. The judges are Prof. G. P. Baker, Mr. T. L. Winter and Mr. S. R. Wrightington.

The trials will be conducted as formally as a University debate. Each man will have an opening and a rebuttal speech, 12 minutes being allowed on the first appearance and 5 minutes on the second. The order in which the men speak will not be announced until the trial. The three best speakers will be selected as the team to debate against Yale on December 7, and the alternate and the remaining two men will hold practice debates with the regular team at intervals until that time.