Yale Bicentennial.

NEW HAVEN, October 20.--The celebration of the Yale Bicentennial, inaugurated by the exercises of today, will begin tomorrow with the torchlight parade arranged to start at 9 o'clock in the evening. In the morning the Ives-Cheney Memorial Gateway will be dedicated, and later addresses will be delivered in Battell Chapel on "Yale in its Relation to Law," and "Yale in its Relation to Medicine." In the afternoon at 3 President Hadley will deliver the address of welcome to the guests of the university and later he will receive guests and representatives of the Alumni in the Yale Art School Building. The whole evening will be devoted to the parade. Reviewing stands have been erected at various points along the line of march, and the buildings that face on the streets through which the procession will pass are covered with bunting and illuminated decorations.

The exercises today began with services in Battell Chapel at 10.30. President Hadley read from the Scriptures. Rev. J. H. Twichell, senior fellow of the corporation, preached, and ex-President Dwight pronounced the benediction. In the afternoon, Rev. Professor George Park Fisher, D.D., Dean of the Yale Theological School, spoke on "Yale in its Relation to Christian Theology and Missions." In the evening an organ recital was given by Professors Sanford and Jepson. Throughout the day the campus was crowded by visitors viewing the decorations. Elaborate preparations have been made for the dramatic performance to be given by students on the campus Tuesday night. Hundreds of Japanese lanterns are strung from the trees, and on the city green an electrically lighted tower bearing numerous designs in colored lights, has been erected.