CRICKET WITH HAVERFORD.

Crease on Soldiers Field to be Used -- The Teams Well Matched.

The cricket team will play Haverford today on Soldiers Field, in the second of the three games in the intercollegiate series. The first game was played at Manheim on Wednesday, when the University of Pennsylvania defeated Haverford by the score of 167 to 105, and the last game will be on June 15, between Harvard and Pennsylvania at Cambridge. The game today will begin at 11 o'clock, and will continue till 1, when there will be an intermission of an hour. Stumps will be drawn not later than 6 o'clock.

Haverford is hardly as strong as last year in any department. There are, it is true, seven men on the team who played on the English tour last summer, but the bowling department was chiefly dependent upon men who are not with the team this year. In bowing Captain Patton and Wood ware speedy, and De Motte though slower, is a steady man. C. C. Morris, Patton and F. W. Sharp are the principal batters on the team. In fielding the team is very accurate, and Roberts is a strong wicket keeper.

Harvard is considerably stronger than last year, when defeated by Haverford. In bowling, the old Haverford players, Justice and Hinchman, are both very effective, and O. Chew '03, who has developed promisingly of late, is a good change bowler. Hinchman, Mifflin, Mather and Pasea are all strong batters. Mifflin will keep wicket for Harvard. The chief weakness of the team is in the fielding which has been erratic at times. Altogether the two teams are well matched, although the chances seem to be slightly in Harvard's favor.

The probable batting orders are as follows: Harvard.  Haverford. Hinchman,  C. C. Morris. Drinkwater,  Cater. Pasea,  Patton. Justice,  Wood. Fairweather,  Gummere. Mifflin,  DeMotle. Tyng,  Sharp. Paul,  Cookman. Mather,  H. H. Morris. Moore,  Scott. Chew,  Roberts.