Meeting of Associated Harvard Clubs

The sixth annual meeting of the Associated Harvard Clubs was held in Cincinnati on Saturday. President E. H. Pendleton '82 of Cincinnati delivered an address of welcome at the convention held in the afternoon, and also read a letter from President Eliot, to whom a vote of thanks was returned, with an expression of regret at his inability to attend the meeting in person. The Faculty was represented by Professor F. G. Peabody '69. O. G. Franiz '03, representing the undergraduates, spoke of the Harvard Union, and its place in the life of the University. He briefly outlined also the work of the Harvard Christian Association.

The convention discussed with considerable vigor the question of voting for Overseers by letter. The question was referred back to the constituent clubs, as was also the question of the extension of the University franchise to graduates of the professional schools.

A resolution was adopted urging the clubs of the Association to secure as many members for the Union as possible. A resolution was also adopted pledging the support of the Association to the proposed commemoration of the one hundredth anniversary of the birth of Emerson, May 25, 1903.

The following officers were elected for the year: President, Hon. F. E. Gavin '73, Indianapolis; vice-president, E. H. Abbot '55, Milwaukee; secretary, S. L. Swarts '88, St. Louis.

In the evening a banquet was given to the visiting delegates by the Harvard Club of Cincinnati.