FIRST GAME IN STADIUM.

University Eleven Plays Dartmouth at 3.--A Very Close Contest Expected.

At 3 o'clock this afternoon, the University eleven will play its first game on the Stadium field, against Dartmouth.

It is expected that the game will be very close, and as both teams should present a formidable defense it is unlikely that there will be much scoring.

As it is improbable that the make-up of the University eleven will be altered greatly during the coming week, today's game should afford an excellent opportunity to judge the ability of the University team in its final form.

Dartmouth's eleven is composed for the most part of new men, only four men of last year's first team are playing this year. The team is very heavy, however, averaging nearly 220 pounds from tackle to tackle, and has made an unusually good record in its games thus far. Dartmouth's only defeat was by Princeton three weeks ago, 17 to 0 and last week Dartmouth ran up a score of 30 to 0 against Amherst. The Harvard-Dartmouth game last year was exceedingly close, Dartmouth leading until the last five minutes of play but finally being defeated 16 to 6.

The line-up: HARVARD.  DARTMOUTH. Clothier, l.e.  r.e., Glaze Meier, l.t.  r.t., Turner LeMoyne, l.g.  r.g., Clough Parkinson, c.  c., Hooper A. Marshall, Carroll, r.g.  l.g., Farrier Knowlton, r.t.  l.t., Lindsay Bowditch, r.e.  l.e., Lillard C. B. Marshall, q.b.  q.b., Witham Nichols, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Vaughn Hurley, Nesmith, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Patteson Schoellkopf, f.b.  f.b., Foster