HARVARD, 29; PRINCETON, 28.

Exciting Basketball Game at Princeton.--Columbia Tonight.

PRINCETON, Feb. 12.--The University basketball team defeated Princeton on the Princeton floor this afternoon by a margin of one point, the final score standing 29 to 28. The outcome of the game was doubtful to the very close of play.

During the first three minutes of the game Princeton scored four points. A long throw from the middle of the floor by Smith, quickly followed by another, tied the score and from then until the last two minutes of play neither team led the other by more than one point. With less than two minutes to play Princeton by fast team work then secured a lead of two goals. The University team followed with two goals from the floor and a goal from a foul and the game ended immediately after.

The team will remain in Princeton tonight and will go to New York tomorrow morning where it will meet Columbia in the evening.

The summary: HARVARD.  PRINCETON. K. Smith, r.f.  l.g., McCoy Henderson, l.f.  r.g., Vanderbilt Randall, c.  c., Wrightson Hanavan, r.g.  l.f., Seely Fosdick, l.g.  r.f., Carter

The score--Harvard, 29; Princeton, 28. Baskets from the floor--Smith 6, Carter 5, Seely 3, Randall 2, Fosdick 3, Hanavan 2, Wrightson 2, McCoy 2, Vanderbilt 2. Henderson. Basket on foul--Smith. Referee--Sharpe of Yale. Umpire--R. A. Wood '03 of Harvard. Time--20-minute halves.