White Won Golf Championship.

A. L. White '06 won the individual championship of the Intercollegiate Golf Association of Saturday, defeating H. C. Egan '05 by the score of 2 up in an exciting 36-hole match on the Myopia Hunt Club course at Hamilton. At the completion of the morning round of 18 holes Egan was 3 down, but at the end of the first nine holes in the afternoon he was 1 up. The match was all even at the fifteenth hole and the sixteenth was halved. White won the next hole in 3 to 4 by running down a 30-foot putt, and the match and the championship by a perfect approach which gave him the last hole in 4 to 5. This is the fourth time that the individual championship has been won by Harvard.

Last spring White played on the University team and was runner-up in the tournament for the individual championship of the University. He was also a member of the 1906 team which last May won the series of team matches for the interclass championship. This fall is the first time he has been a member of the University team in an intercollegiate tournament.

Following are the cards for the day: MORNING. White (out),  4  5  4  4  4  5  7  3--40 Egan (out),  4  5  3  6  5  5  5  7  4--44 White (in),  5  4  6  5  5  7  3  5  5--45--85 Egan (in).  5  5  4  5  4  5  5  6  5--44--88 AFTERNOON. White (out),  6  4  3  4  6  5  5  7  3--43 Egan (out),  4  4  2  5  6  5  5  7  3--41 White (in),  6  5  4  5  6  6  4  3  4--43--86 Egan(in),  7  3  5  4  4  5  4  4  5--41--82