Yale Freshmen Won, 16 to 0.

The Freshman eleven was defeated by the Yale freshmen at New Haven on Saturday, by a score of 16 to 0. Throughout the game the Harvard team was clearly outplayed and was unable to score although within 10 yards of Yale's goal at the end of the first half. Yale won the toss and chose the south goal with the wind in her favor. Talbot kicked off and Yale advanced the ball by a series of line plunges to the 40-yard line. Lynn gained 12 yards for Yale, but Harvard was given 15 yards for Yale's offside. Long, by two end runs carried the ball over for a touchdown. Biglow missed the goal. After the second kick-off Harvard advanced the ball to the middle of the field, where Yale held for downs. Yale was forced to kick, but regained the ball on a fumble on Harvard's 7-yard line. Lynn went over for a touchdown. Dines punted out to Burger who failed to kick the goal.

In the second half Yale kicked off to Harvard and the Freshmen made good gains through Yale's line, but lost the ball on downs. Lynn circled the end for a 30-yard gain. After a series of line plays Harvard gained the ball on downs on her own 5-yard line. Talbot punted to the 45-yard line, after which Lynn made 20 yards around left end, and Yale punted to Harvard's 15-yard line. After making several good gains Harvard lost the ball to Auchincloss on a fumble, and Yale carried the ball over for the third touchdown. Dines kicked the goal. The summary: HARVARD 1908.  YALE 1908. Bacon (Hadden), l.e.  r.e., Marshall (Ramsey) Pell, l.t.  r.t., Holloway (Beebe) Barney (Boyer), l.g.  r.g., Biglow Grant, c.  c., Sherman Talbot, r.g.  l.g., Park Warren (Fish), r.t.  l.t., Long Ball, r.e.  l.e., Auchincloss (English) Newhall, q.b.  q.b., Dines (Wilson) Derby (Gilder), l.h.b.  l.h.b., Lynn Lincoln (Somes), r.h.b.  r.h.b., Burger Apollonio (Lincoln), f.b.  f.b., Cleveland (Overall)

Score--Yale 1908, 16; Harvard 1908, 0. Touchdowns--Long, Lynn 2. Goal--Dines. Referee--McClintock, Harvard. Umpire--Moyle, Yale. Linesman--T. B. Hall. Timekeeper -- Hull. Time--35-minute halves.