Essays on Political Science Subjects.

Subjects for the Toppan, Sumner, and Bennett prizes in political science must be submitted to the Committee on Prizes in Political Science for its approval on or before March 1.

The Toppan prize of one hundred and fifty dollars is offered annually for the best essay of sufficient merit on a subject in political science. This prize is open for competition to students in the Graduate School or of any of the Professional Schools who have received an academic degree, and to all graduates of Harvard College of not more than three years' standing.

The Sumner prize of one hundred dollars is offered for the best dissertation on a subject connected with the topic of universal peace and the methods by which war may be permanently superseded. Any student of the University is eligible to compete for this prize.

The Bennett prize of forty dollars is offered for the best essay in English prose on some subject of American governmental domestic or foreign policy of contemporaneous interest. It is open only to members of the Senior class of Harvard College, and to certain properly qualified third and fourth year special students.