FRESHMEN WON BASKETBALL

Yale 1907 Defeated in Last Game of Freshman Schedule.--Score, 15 to 12.

The Freshman basketball team defeated the Yale freshmen on Saturday afternoon in the Gymnasium by the score of 15 to 12.

The Harvard Freshmen outplayed their opponents in passing, and were quicker and more accurate in throwing goals; but the inability of the Yale team to throw goals from free tries was the chief cause of their defeat.

In the first half the playing was clean and fast, Smith and Connolly of Harvard and Immich of Yale each throwing two goals from the field. In the second half both teams were stronger in defensive work, and the play was often unnecessarily rough.

The summary: HARVARD 1907.  YALE 1907. Connolly, Reed, r.f.  l.f., Jonas Murray, (captain) l.f.  r.f., Scott Smith, c.  c., Fargo Burnham, r.g.  l.g., Immich, (captain) Goode, Howard, l.g.  r.g., Church

Score--Harvard 1907, 15; Yale 1907, 12. Goals from the floor--Immich 4, Smith 3. Murray 2, Howard, Fargo, Scott. Goals from fouls--Murray 3. Fouls called--on Harvard, 13; on Yale, 7. Referee--F. B. Barnes, Cambridge Y. M. C. A. Umpire--F. J. O'Donnell, Yale '07. Time--20-minute halves.