Biological Station in Bermuda.

A biological station for research work under the joint management of Harvard and New York Universities, will again be conducted at Flatts, Bermuda, during the coming summer. The abundance and variety of marine fauna and flora, together with the healthfulness and equable temperature of the islands, makes the Bermudas an excellent field for botanists and zoologists. The plan adopted in 1903 of recording the precise locality in which organisms are found will greatly aid investigators this year in procuring such material as they may desire. To aid in collection, the Bermuda Natural History Society will furnish a launch with crew, sail and row boats, and the necessary towing and dredging apparatus. A laboratory has been built and equipped with such instruments as are usually provided in modern marine laboratories.

The opportunities offered are for investigation only, and no formal instruction will be given. The expedition will be open to all students of botany and zoology who are experienced enough to profit by independent study. The expedition will sail from New York on July 2. The total expense, including transportation from New York and return, and board and lodging for six weeks at the Hotel Frascati, Flatts, Bermuda, will be $100.

Application for enrolment in the expedition should be made as early as possible, and not later than May 1, to Professor E. L. Mark, 109 Irving street, Cambridge, or to Professor C. L. Bristol, New York University, University Heights, New York City, from whom further information may be obtained.