Four Professors on Leave of Absence

Four professors have been given leave of absence for the academic year 1904-05: Professor C. A. Adams of the engineering department, Professor P. H. Hanus of the educational department, Professor G. Santayana of the philosophical department, and Professor M. Warren of the classical department. Professor J. H. Ropes of the Divinity School will be absent during the first half year.

Professor Adams will remain in Cambridge until he has finished a treatise on "Alternating Electrical Currents." Then he will sail for Europe and will visit numerous electrical plants, particularly in Germany and Switzerland. During his absence, Mr. G. A. Anderegg, of the Western Electric Company, New York, will conduct engineering 16e and 16d, and Professor A. E. Kennelly Engineering 16a.

Professor Hanus will sail early in the summer for Holland. After travelling in Germany, Switzerland, and Italy, he will spend the winter in Zurich, where he will do some writing. He will spend the summer in France, and will return in August, 1905.

Dr. F. W. Atkinson '90, until recently general superintendent of public instruction in the Philippines and at present superintendent of schools in Newton, will conduct section 1 of Education 3, and Mr. A. O. Norton will give section 2 and also Education 2a.

Professor Santayana will sail for Europe in July and will spend a large part of the time travelling. Dr. R. B. Perry will give Philosophy 8 and 1b.

Professor Warren will sail in June for Genoa. During the year he will examine the manuscripts and inscriptions in the various libraries and museums of Italy, Sicily, and Greece. Professor M. H. Morgan will give Latin 1.

Professor Ropes will sail in June, and will spend the year chiefly in England and France.