FIRST INTERCLUB CREW RACE

Weld 1906 vs. Newell 1906 Up-stream at 4. Club and Class Races Next Week.

The preliminary interclub class race will be rowed at 4 o'clock this afternoon up-stream over the regular mile and seven-eighths course, starting at the Union Boat Club and finishing at the Longwood Bridge. The disbanding of the Newell Senior and Weld Junior crews has left the Weld Seniors and Newell Juniors without opponents and the latter crews, will accordingly participate in the final race only. The Weld and Newell-Sophomore crews are therefore the only contestants for the race today: The positions of the two crews will be determined by lot before the race. The final interclub race will be rowed next Wednesday at 5 o'clock, and the regular interclass race at 5.30 o'clock. On Friday, the Freshman interclub race will be held. All the races will be rowed up-stream over the same course as the race today.

For today's race the officials will be as follows: referee--T, P. Lindsay '04; judges at the finish--A. Y. Gowen '07 and G. Whitney '07: timekeepers--Vail and Rice.

The crews will row in the following order:

Newell Sophomores--Stroke, Farrelly: 7, Warren (captain); 6, von Schrader; 5, Zanetti: 4, B. S. Merrill or Hale; 3, Paton: 2, Fargo; bow, R. Merrill; cox., Bonelli.

Weld Sophomores--Stroke, Field (captain): 7, Upton; 6, Brown; 5, Wilcox; 4, Burnett; 3, Soule; 2, Clarke; bow, Melntyre; cox, Risley.