Ali Kuli Khan to Lecture Tonight.

Ali Kuli Khan, of Teheran, Persia, will speak under the auspices of the Religious Union, this evening at 7.30 o'clock in Peabody Hall, Phillips Brooks House, on "The Revelation of Baha 'Ullah." The lecture will be open to the public.

The Kahn has come to this country as a representative of the sect known as Babists, to spread their doctrines and to translate the writings of Baha 'Ullah, many of which the Kahn has already published hene.

The Bab who has given his name to the sect, began to preach a new faith in Persia in 1844, proclaiming himself to be but the forerunner of one who should be the manifestation of God on earth. Twelve years after the martyrdom of the Bab at the hands of the Mohammedan clergy, Baha 'Ullah, a man of noble birth, who had already been exiled for his faith, declared himself to be the one foretold by the Bah, who had come to fulfil the prophecies of the past concerning the brotherhood of mankind and the fatherhood of God. Baha 'Ullah, who was, after this declaration, confined in Acre by the Turkish Government, has written many epistles which form the holy books of the Babists, and just before his death in 1892 wrote his book of the Covenant in which he appointed his son Abbaseffendi his spiritual successor. It is as an emissary of Abbaseffendi that All Kuli Kahn has come to America. Although about 10,000 adherents of this faith have been put to death in Persia in the last sixty years the sect has lately gained many new followers, and is now recognized as one of the most liberal of the religious bodies of Persia.