Conservatory of Music Agreement

There has recently been perfected between the University and the New England Conservatory of Music, and arrangement which provides on the part of the Conservatory, for the admission of properly qualified students from the music department of the University. These men will be admitted, not only into the Conservatory orchestra and chorus, but also into its courses in ensemble playing, choir training, and liturgical music. These courses include historical and theoretical work as well as practical application. Opportunity will be given to the University composition classes to hear their works performed by the conservatory orchestra and chorus. For regular attendance at any of the Conservatory courses, the University will allow credits toward the degrees of bachelor and master of arts.

The University, on the other hand, offers to properly qualified students of the Conservatory the privilege of attending courses in English, French, and German literature, English composition, fine arts, physics, and public speaking.