Lacrosse Practice and Plans

The University lacrosse squad of about 25 men has been practicing daily on Soldiers Field under the direction of Captain A. W. Rice 1L. Practice has consisted of stick work, passing the ball, shooting goals, and picking up ground balls. Daily practice games have also been held between two picked teams. The progress of the squad in the past few days has been encouraging.

A practice game with a team of graduates will be arranged, probably for Saturday afternoon. The first regular game will be played with Johns Hopkins University, at Baltimore on April 14. The next game will be on Tuesday, April 17, with the Mt. Washington Club at Baltimore. On Friday the team will play the University of Pennsylvania at Philadelphia, and on the following day it will probably play the Philadelphia Athletic Club. The squad to be taken on the southern trip will be chosen the first of next week.

Immediately after the Easter recess the class captains will be elected and the class teams will be called out. The interclass series will be held about a week later. As usual the winning team will be given its class lacrosse numerals and cups.