ANNUAL ALUMNI REUNION

On Commencement Day in Memorial.--Business Meeting in Fogg Lecture Room.

At a recent meeting of the executive committee of the Alumni Association it was decided to adopt again the plan followed last year of holding the annual reunion meeting on the afternoon of Commencement Day in Memorial Hall, instead of the annual Alumni Dinner. By this plan many more graduates can be admitted to the reunion. In addition, an overflow meeting will be held in the New Lecture Hall, the arrangements for which are in the hands of a committee consisting of E. W. Atkinson '81, Commencement Marshal of the Alumni, H. M. Williams '85, and A. J. Garceau '91. The annual business meeting of the Alumni Association will be held at 10.30 o'clock on Commencement Day in the Fogg Lecture Room. Immediately afterwards a luncheon will be served for the members in Upper Massachusetts. Tickets of admission to both the luncheon and the afternoon speeches will be on sale from 10 to 2 o'clock at Grays Hall at 50 cents. Tickets will be reserved for graduates of the classes of 1856 and previous years and for the class of 1881 until 1 o'clock, and there will be a proportional allotment for the other classes. Besides holders of A.B. and honorary degrees, officers of instruction and government in the academic department of the University, though not graduates, are entitled to buy tickets.

The usual arrangements have been made by which Harvard men and their families attending the Class Day Commencement exercises from points from which the fare to Boston exceeds 75 cents, may obtain transportation to and from Boston at 1 and 1-3 times the customary one-way rate plus a 25 cent charge.

Membership of Association Increased.

In a letter now being circulated among the members of the Alumni Association the executive committee recommends the adoption of a number of amendments to the constitution, last revised in 1868. The committee has spent the winter in communication with the officers of the Associated Harvard Clubs, and all Harvard Clubs, with secretaries and other class officers, with editors of the graduate publications, and with representatives of the Faculty, Corporation and Overseers. The committee favors all the proposed alterations unanimously except the enlargement of the membership of the Association provided for in article one, and this amendment is supported by a majority of the committee.

The effect of the resolution, if adopted, will be to increase the membership from about 10,000 to 11,500, an addition of about 15 per cent. Of these men, about one-half are graduates of the Lawrence Scientific School, and the remainder holders of the degrees of A.M., Ph.D., and S.D. from the Graduate School. The average number of A.B.s in the last three years was 507; of graduates of the Scientific School, not already A.B.s. 81; and of the Graduate School, not A.B.s or S.B.s. 79.

Bureau of Information to be Organized.

The most interesting of the other changes suggested are the innovations embodied in article nine, which authorize the executive committee at discretion to maintain an office in Boston, as near as possible to those of Harvard College, to serve as a bureau of information for the benefit of all members of the Association and officers of the University. An official to take charge may be employed, who also may be the secretary and must be a member of the Association. The committee is likewise empowered to solicit subscriptions for and publish and alumni periodical, to prepare and publish a list of all living Harvard men, and to make such other regulations for the conduct of the office as shall seem advisable.