CREW CHOSEN FOR YALE RACE

Morgan to Row at 3 in University Boat.-- Practice Yesterday.

In the University eight yesterday Emmons and Morgan were tried at three, and the latter was selected to row in that position in the Yale race. Morgan stroked the University second eight until the Henley regatta, and since then has been rowing at stroke on one of the four-oared crews.

In practice yesterday the University crew entered the shell from the launch below the Longwood bridge, paddled down stream to a point a few hundred yards below Harvard bridge and back to the boathouse. The men put more life into the work than has been seen for some time past, and there was no loss of drive or shortening of the stroke. Morgan, however, was rather short on his slide, but his work on the whole was creditable, considering the fact that yesterday was only his second trial in the position, and that he has been shifted to the starboard side of the boat after rowing port for two years.

A four-oar went out yesterday in a different order from that tried on Wednesday, and rowed to Harvard bridge and back. Today all the candidates will be tried out, and the four-oar for New London will probably be picked.

The orders yesterday:

University crew--Stroke, Filley; 7, Newhall; 6, Bacon; 5, Richardson; 4, Glass; 3, Morgan, Emmons; 2, Fish; bow, Tappan; cox., Blagden.

University four--Stroke, Ball; 3, Gill; 2, Richards; bow, Corlett; cox., Arnold.