YALE WON BASKETBALL

Defeated University Team on Saturday, 27 to 6.--Intercollegiate Champions.

In the last game of the season on Saturday the University basketball team was defeated at New Haven by Yale by the score of 27 to 6. By this victory, the Yale team, which has been defeated but once this season, won the intercollegiate championship, for which it was tied with Columbia.

The game was fast and clean, but the University team was completely outplayed and was unable to score at all from the floor. Their six points were all made on goals from fouls by Amberg. In the first half, the passing and blocking of the Yale team was perfect, while Clifford and Van Vleck excelled in shooting. Harvard scored one point in this half from a foul; and at its close the score was Yale 16, Harvard 1.

In the second half Harvard rallied somewhat, and held Yale down to 3 goals from the floor. During this half Amberg made five goals from fouls.

The summary:

Score--Yale, 27; Harvard, 6. Goals from floor--Van Vleck 4, Clifford 3, Murphy 2. Goals from fouls--Noyes 9, Amberg 6. Fouls on Yale 16; on Harvard 11. Referee--Sharpe. Timekeepers--Lockmiller, Chamberlin. Time--20-minute halves. HARVARD.  YALE. Allen, Downey, l.f.  r.g., Noyes Currie, r.f.  l.g., Cushman Amberg, Miles, c.  c., Van Vleck Burnham, l.g.  r.f., Murphy, Wren Brooks, r.g.  l.f., Clifford