FOUR MILES IN 21M., 23S.

University Crew Makes Record for Season.--Wyman Back in 1910 Crew.

HARVARD CREW QUARTERS, RED TOP, CT., June 19, 1907.--This morning the University eight went over the course for its second time row, covering the four miles upstream in 21 minutes and 23 seconds, the fastest time, that has been made this year. Yale's best time was 22 minutes and 11 seconds, made about a week ago. The crew started this morning under very fair conditions, with a favoring wind and tide, but the tide was went for the first two miles. As the work came just at noon, the men were somewhat oppressed by the heat since they rowed with the wind. Nevertheless, they rowed about 30 to 32 strokes to the minute until the last half-mile, when Farley raised the stroke to about 36, and in the last 100 yards going at about 40. The work is considered to be decidedly satisfactory. The men have shown that they have speed, for any crew that can cover the Thames course under 22 minutes is a good combination. The men pulled hard and in unison, got a strong leg drive, and forced the shell to run well between strokes. The afternoon work of the crew showed improvement over that of the morning. Accompanied by Coach Wray in his single scull, the eight went downstream to the Navy Yard and back in easy stretches.

The Freshman eight followed the University eight in the afternoon, going over the same course. Wyman returned to his seat at 5 after eight days' absence, replacing Macleod, who took Hadden's place in the four-oar. A second change was made in the Freshman eight this afternoon when Vogel was agin tried out at 4 in Buxton's place. He seemed to row smoother and not to settle in the boat at the end of his stroke as Buxton does, and is likely to keep the position. The Freshmen also went out for a short row in the morning, going about two miles.

In the University four-oar Burchard remained at 3 again today. The men had light work in the morning, but in the afternoon went fully five miles, and showed some improvement over their recent work. Lunt is fast recovering and went out in a pair-oared barge with Amberg today. Word was received today that Morgan's injury is not so serious as anticipated, and he is expected to be about again by Saturday.