HELP FOR MEMORIAL HALL.

The action which the Corporation has taken with regard to Memorial Hall should do much to strengthen the position of this institution. Few undergraduates have any intimate knowledge of the system or details of management, and there is a general feeling that the price of board has been higher than conditions would warrant, with no assurance of stability. The fact that the Corporation is willing to guarantee the maintenance of a lower price proves that the management is being supported by this body in its efforts to place Memorial Hall on its proper footing in the University, and this should restore the confidence which has been shaken by the gradual rise in the price of general board. With the assurance that the price will not exceed a fixed amount, the uncertainty which has driven many members away will cease, and a growing and well-satisfied membership will probably result in a further reduction--one which would never have been possible under the unsettled conditions which have existed recently.