A MODEL PARADE.

The much heralded, and by some much feared, parade passed into history with nothing to make it famous but the fact that it was orderly from start to finish. Perhaps this is enough, however, to give it a prominent place in the annals, as parades go, but we are beginning to doubt it. After all it is being evidenced more and more each year that the foolishness and childishness of the average undergraduate is in a healthier condition of restraint than ten, twenty or thirty years ago, and we are optimistic to the extent that we believe this state of affairs is being further developed all the time. There was not a hitch in the proceeding Friday night, for which the committee in charge as well as the Student Council deserve credit.

One incident in the parade will not be forgotten soon by those who saw it. As the procession marched down Tremont street, a man of seventy years and more fell in line just behind the band which led the Harvard division. Guided by a friend he marched with eyes closed and head erect while the band played the old songs, as he had done in the days of the war. Major Higginson had joined the ranks.